You’ve probably noticed this latest trend circling on the internet – rosemary water for hair growth! Well, how do you make this rosemary water and how does it benefit hair growth? Please read on to find out.
Benefits of Rosemary Water for Longer Thicker Hair
- Strengthens hair follicles to produce fortified hair strands
- Fights dandruff
- Reduces inflammation on the scalp
- Helps soothe conditions like scalp eczema and scalp psoriasis.
- Nourishes the hair follicles with hair growth nutrients
- Controls an excessive oily scalp
- Protects the hair cuticle from damage
- Promotes thicker hair growth
- Makes your hair volumized and shiny
- Stimulates blood circulation on the scalp
How to Make Rosemary Water for Hair Growth
So, here’s the procedure!
What You Need
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar (where to get it)
- A handful of rosemary or 1 tbsp dried rosemary leaf powder (where to get it)
- A handful of mint or 1 tbsp dried mint leaf powder (where to get it)
- A saucepan
- Spray bottle (where to get it)
- Small funnel for transferring (where to get it)
- Boil water in a pan over the stove.
- Add a handful of rosemary and mint leaves and turn off the heat.
- Let the leaves steep for 20 minutes.
- Mix in 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar.
- When it has cooled down, pour into a spray bottle using the funnel. And now it’s ready for use!
DIY Rosemary Hair Growth Spray Video
Ways to Use Rosemary Water for Hair
- Hair Growth Spray – Store your rosemary water in a hair spray bottle. It’s easy and fun to apply it this way on your hair. It doesn’t matter if you use a fine mist bottle or any spritzer bottle.
- Hair Rinse – After you shampoo and condition your hair (I recommend using a natural sulfate-free anti-hair thinning shampoo and conditioner set), pour rosemary water slowly over your scalp and hair. Do not rinse off again with water. The point is to let the solution stay on your scalp until you next wash your hair.
How Often to Use Rosemary Water for Hair Growth
Here’s your answer: How Often Should You Use Rosemary Water on your Hair?
There is no strict answer for this, but one thing is clear – you should use rosemary water regularly and consistently to see hair growth results.
Some people keep spraying it on throughout the day any time they feel like. However, every time I do this I end up sneezing a lot, so I spray my rosemary water as a hair mask before a shower or after a shower on freshly washed hair.
One of the best ways to use this rosemary water for hair growth is an hour before washing your hair. Spray it liberally throughout your scalp then cover your hair with a shower cap and wait for one hour.
After the time is up, wash your hair as usual. You might want to use a natural sulfate-free hair growth shampoo and conditioner!
Another great way is to spray it on your whole scalp and hair right after you come out of the shower, then dry your hair as you normally would.
I hope you’ve got a clue on how to make rosemary water for hair growth! Are you ready to try it out? Let me know your thoughts in the comments below!